During another epic psychoanalytic conversation with Eleni, I had this epiphany:
I am not Superwoman.
I will not learn a dance in one day that everyone else has been studying for one year. I do not need to write something brilliant every time my pen touches the paper. Not every single guy I meet will become infatuated with me. I do not need to be stoic and silent and strong when something traumatic happens to me.
Now, since I am not godly, I will assume that I am human. Now, since I am human, that doesn’t necessarily mean I believe in a god, let alone a Christian one. Now, since I do not believe in a god, let alone a Christian one, that means I am free to create my own commandments.
I like the number 11 because it is a multiple of 33.
1. Thou shalt not drink to get drunk.
2. Thou shalt stop making volcanos out of scientific experiments.
3. Thou shalt accept that thou are good/pretty/clever/etc enough.
4. Thou shalt not bite thine nails.
5. Thou shalt not let one boy’s rejection be that killer Jenga block.
6. Thou shalt stop giving people 19278346876th chances.
7. Thou shalt shut the fuck up and be a better listener.
8. Thou shalt read more and ThouTube less.
9. Thou shalt stop acting like a spaz when thou likes a dude.
10. Thou shalt act upon’s thine instinct, not just listen to it.
11. Thou shalt heed Frankie’s advice and relax!
If I could live my life like this, I think I’d be much happier. Maybe I should start my own religion or something. Would you follow me? Before you answer, know that I’d let you make up your own commandments!