Last night, at three in the morning and after numerous glasses of wine, it seemed like a good idea to post this.
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
I acted like a ho!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I make my resolutions in September and around my birthday (in a few weeks, FYI). However, I am trying to be less pedantic (ooh, resolution? ) soooo… actually, I really don’t remember what I promised I would do last year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
One of my best friends gave birth to a gorgeous little boy (no subjectivity here) called Sebastian. He’s soooo cute but I soooo don’t want any yet!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
I went to Brussels, London and Paris. And then London again.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Hmm… More jumpsuits. Catch up, Greek fashion! Oh and crazy, drunken nights out. No, more flirting! Relationships are a no-no but I thrive on flirting. Go figure.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory and why?
July 25th- impulsive trip to the Greek isles. Decided upon while downing shots of tequila the night before. Awesome.
August 25th- start my friendlationship with Hope.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finally getting my dry-cleaning done. Really. It took me 3 months to walk across the street and do it. And learning how to stand up for myself, I suppose. To those of you who know me, yes, I can be a bit of a pushover. Don’t be that surprised.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not sending my novel out to more agents. And not getting my body exactly how I want it.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Apparently I’ve got a funny knee. I lost my voice a couple of times too- SEXY. Really. Mainly because no one had to listen to all my bull shit so I just seemed super mysterious. I didn’t sound like a tranny or anything. Not that there’s anything wrong with trannies or anything.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new pajamas. It’s a jumpsuit and I love it so much that I’m trying to think of ways to wear it in public.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Hope becoming more assertive with the dudes. You go, girl.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Certain people let me down. I hate that getting older and wiser means losing faith in the human race.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Taxis! OK, fine. Clothes too. Yes, yes, and tequila.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The massive lollipop I got for Christmas! Seriously, it’s huge! Respect to The Mathilde.
16. What song will always remind of you 2009?
I Know You Want Me by Pitbull. He’s an ugly, bald sleaze and the chicks in his videoclip are such hos but damn! what a song to dance to!
17. Compared to this time last year, are:
a)happier or sadder?
b)thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
Happier, thinner and richer. Oh, that’s pretty good, isn’t it?
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exercise. Still, I worked out more in 2009 than I did in 2008.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Thinking. I need to get out of my head.
20. Did you fall in love in 2009?
21. What was your favourite TV program?
How I Met Your Mother. Legen -wait for it- dary.
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t do hate.
23. What was the best book you read?
I reread Saving Agnes by Rachel Cusk. Such a delicate, poignant little book. She’s a lecturer at my old university now. Three years late, damn it. Wait, no, MY BOOK! Shit, I keep forgetting I wrote a book. I wrote a book and it’s enough that I love it.
24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Benny and the Jets by Elton John. And Please Mr Postman by the Marvelettes. And Coin Laundry by Lisa Mitchell. And Sway by The Kooks. And everything by David Bowie.
25. What did you want and get?
Hope. And a Mac.
26. What did you want and not get?
I’m not sure if I can answer this one because what I want is usually vague and intangible. Hence, there is no defining moment when I do or not do get it.
27. What was your favourite film of this year?
I can’t remember any movies that I watched this year. I started to watch The Boy In The Striped Pajamas but, as brilliant as it was, I couldn’t finish it.
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 24 last January. I chickened out and didn’t invite anybody out for drinks because I was scared of how I would feel if they didn’t come. I ran into The Ex that I haven’t seen in years. I got wasted. All I remember is that there was some Indian guy dancing with a glass on his head.
The next day (my actual birthday), I was feeling pretty black but I went out for drinks anyway. My friend with benefits took me for a drive to cheer me up. I saw a shooting star. We drank whiskey in a shack of a bar with a coal-powered heater, a huge golden dog and a sleeping proprietor. My birthday ended with some old-school action: back seat, on the beach. Good save.
29. How you would describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Uhm………….. I suppose I’m quite classic. I’m not much for fashion but I love style. I love my blazers, my brogues, the classic white tee, etc. Then I’ll quirk them up: lace gloves, dresses with all-stars and so forth.
30. What kept you sane?
31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Paul Rudd, you da man!
32. Who did you miss?
I’m always missing people; international school curse. My sister and friends in Australia, my best friends in England/ Belgium/ Scotland.
33. Who was the best new person you met?
Without a doubt, Hope.
34. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
That it’s OK not to be happy all the time. And that it’s OK to ruffle feathers if you feel that someone’s behaviour isn’t acceptable.
35. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Uh… can I get back to you on this one?